This week’s Cubicle Cocktail is perfect for a week that begins with Tax Day.
The Suffering Bastard, with its one-two punch of gin and bourbon doesn’t taste strong, so please keep in mind my caveat of only making one cocktail to enjoy, but it gets the job done. It’s refreshing and a little boozy. It’s boozily refreshing. So, whether you’re still sweating over your forms (you thrive on pressure!) or you’ve already filed and you already know your refund is minuscule or non-existent, this one’s for you.
Cubicle Cocktail Rules
1. Cublicle Cocktails are meant to help you finish up your work week on a high note and kick those lame work parties to the curb.
2. Make one drink for yourself and one for you cubicle-mate or work spouse. Don’t goblabbing to everyone that you’re mixing drinks. They’ll all want one and this is meant as a cheeky treat.
3. If you have a sympathetic supervisor, let her or him in on what you’re doing so you won’t be hearing from HR.
4. Best enjoyed on Friday just before quitting time—or right after you’ve filed your taxes.
- April 15, 2019
- Print this
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 4 oz chilled ginger ale
- Garnish with orange wheel
- Step 1
- Add all ingredients except for the ginger ale to an ice-filled shaker.
- Step 2
- Shake until well-chilled
- Step 3
- Strain into a glass over fresh ice
- Step 4
- Top with ginger ale